Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year!

I'm blogging about new year's ever first because I'm trying to ignore all the Christmas mess still left in my house:)

We spent New Year Eve at Edisto Island State Park. Our camp site was literally yards from the beach. In the picture below it's right behind Evie - she was picking "flowers" for me.

We schlepped all 4 bikes up there and boy were we ever glad we did. Evie had sort of gotten te hang of her bike tis fall but she wouldn't attempt it with out somebody right beside her and it was still mor a source of frustration than fun. Check her out below - it finally clicked and she was riding all up and down the road.
The wind was so bad right before we left that we took to hanging out hunkered down beside the car.
I have a picture I need to get out - Me and Evie on this same spot when I was about 3 months pregnant with Meredith!
This pretty much sums up the girls feelings of the camera lately! So there is actually not a whole lot more pictures to share!
We had a really good time - probably the best New Years Eve I can remember. We played on the beach, took a super long bike ride and had a picnic along the way. We bought some fresh oysters and had an oyster roast at our campfire and then went to bed at 10:00. I managed to sneak out and watch the sun come up on the beach. It was truly fabulous and we soooo wish it didn't have to end!
I've more to share later from Christmas and our time in Charleston.

1 comment:

Ali said...

That sounds like so much fun!!! Looks wonderful too. Glad you had a good time!!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS